Welcome to Sunday Sermon Share Day for 1/27/13
Today’s Subject: Truth
Today’s Scripture selections are:
I John 3:18-24; 5:6
1 Kings 3:16-28
Highlights from Today’s Sermon:
-God is everywhere and everything apart from Him has no power.
-Sin, disease, and death have no foundation in Truth.
-Truth is spiritual, eternal substance that is never opposite of God.
Truth reveals the light.
-As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.
– God doesn’t benefit or participate in lip service because He knows all.
-If we desire holiness above all else we will sacrifice everything to receive it, and this is something that we should strive for.
-Prayer alone is not satisfactory but prayer coupled with a fervent desire leads to a full understanding.
-Matter not being the reflection of Spirit has no real entity.
-Truth is final.
– Justice, mercy, wisdom, goodness…attributes of God
– Sin will receive full penalty for what it is and what it does.
– We sustain truth by not accepting but by rejecting a lie. Truth doesn’t create propensity to lie, a lie, or a liar.
– Error can’t hide from the law of God.
– Always overcome evil with good. God will always provide an opportunity to be victorious over evil.
-The story of the woman with plague of the blood had faith that if she touched Jesus she would be healed. She did it and Jesus knew immediately that he had been touched. He then asked who did it and all his disciples could see was a crowd of people. But when Jesus turned around he looked at the woman. She was fearful of what she did, but Jesus said to her that her faith (and action) made her whole and healed. Jesus demonstrated his spirituality while his disciples ignorance revealed their materiality.
-Jesus healed based on his knowledge of God’s ability to make all things whole.
-“…Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free”
-Escape from the bondage of sin, sickness, disease and death
– You have a divine right to be free
-Christ heals the sick and casts out evil
-Darkness can’t comprehend the Light. There is no freedom, rationality, or logic in darkness.
-Truth makes people free, error (lies) enslaves them.
-Obedience to Truth gives man power and strength, and peace.
-The purpose and motive to live right begins right.
– Truth is overcoming error in your daily walk, and you can do so knowing and saying that you put up a good fight and will definitely prove to be a better person for it.
– When we wait patiently on God, He directs our path.
– We either listen to or turn away from God’s still, small voice.
– For Truth to be revealed it only needs to be practiced.
Message and Reminder from Natasha:
Be sure to share highlights from sermons at your church or place of worship. Feel free to also visit and contribute to our community chat room where we can have healthy, positive, dialogue on today’s sermons, Breaking Bread daily posts, or issues impacting the Christian community. Remember there is absolutely no preaching, passing judgment, converting, recruiting, or focus on any specific church or religious leader. Those are the rules. We’re here to share words of love and peace inspired by the Word of the Bible. We’re here to uplift and never tear down. If you can roll with that, then you can roll with me and the Breaking Bread family! Visit the chat room here:
Have an amazing week family. Love you all!
Copyright 2013. Natasha L. Foreman. Some Rights Reserved. All Prayers and Reflections are Copyright Protected by Natasha L. Foreman. breakingbreadwithnatasha.blogspot.com
Scripture quotations marked HCSB are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.